Friday, July 28, 2006

Wants and needs

buttnaked baby
I've always been a spender before I got married. I would spend my pay on shopping and dining. I don't save and neither do my parents *so that explains how I end up like this*. Now I'm not only a wife. I'm a mother too so I have to learn how to plan my finances well. And I would say I do a pretty good job! *well, I'd better be!*

Whenever I feel the urge to buy something, I'll ask myself this question. Do I need it or want it? If I need it, I'll buy it. If I want it, most likely I'll not buy it unless there's extra for that month's allowance. It worked for me and I strongly recommend it to anyone who wants to learn how to control your finances. Of course it's easier said than done but if you put your heart into doing it, you'll not only succeed and you feel better and you have better control over your mind!

Many times we have too many stuff that we DONT really need at home. Just because it was on sale or we feel that we might need it, we buy them. In the end, these stuff end up as white elephants.

So if any of you wants to improve your control of spending, try the method mentioned above. Or if you really feel the urge to spend some money, why not give it to someone who needs it most? Donate your money to charities. You'll feel good and you've also helped someone. Think about it.

No comments: