Tuesday, October 16, 2007

A great motivational advice

I was reading up on how women build up their businesses and I chanced upon MakeIt. There I saw a post which I like. It is about a great motivational advice from Jerry Seinfeld. I like that guy. He's funny but of course it's not easy to be a comic. So he has a system which he adheres to achieve his goal. I would like to share it with all of you. It is taken from here.

He said the way to be a better comic was to create better jokes and the way to create better jokes was to write every day. But his advice was better than that. He had a gem of a leverage technique he used on himself and you can use it to motivate yourself—even when you don't feel like it.

He revealed a unique calendar system he uses to pressure himself to write. Here's how it works.

He told me to get a big wall calendar that has a whole year on one page and hang it on a prominent wall. The next step was to get a big red magic marker.

He said for each day that I do my task of writing, I get to put a big red X over that day. "After a few days you'll have a chain. Just keep at it and the chain will grow longer every day. You'll like seeing that chain, especially when you get a few weeks under your belt. Your only job next is to not break the chain."

"Don't break the chain," he said again for emphasis.


I am certainly going to make myself a big calendar to mark my journey to my goal!

No comments: