Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Hazelnut cupcakes


Made some Hazelnut cupcakes (VCTOW) with mocha mousse filling topped with chocolate ganache and chopped almonds on last Saturday.

I didn't have the light brown sugar so I used the dark molasses and the result was a little off but nonetheless it was delicious! It reminded me of ma lai kou (a chinese kueh that I used to eat).



One bite into it and you can taste the smooth mocha mousse in it. Mind you, the mousse is made of tofu, expresso powder, chocolate chips, kahlua and soy milk...and it is just so so good!!! No wonder I read from some other vegan sites and those folks have mentioned that the mousse is good enough to be eaten on it's own. I had some remaining mousse and so I scooped a full spoonful out to savour it....mmmmmm...it's just so yummy!!!! Who says being a vegan is boring! I can have my cake and eat it too!!! Not to mention I shared the cupcakes with my colleagues and some of them liked it and Hup Chong said that the mousse is comparable to the 'normal' mousse!!! Woohoo!!!

No comments: