Saturday, December 01, 2007

Homemade chapati


I made chapati for Georgia and myself tonight as Andy is working today. I usually make simple meals for the two of us so that I have more time to play with Georgia. She requested prata but we just had prata in the morning!!! So I made chapati instead which is a healthier choice (wholemeal flour). She likes it. I made a simple (or rather lazy) chutney using Prego chunky tomato sauce, chopped some asparagus and white button mushroom and added a teaspoon of nutritional yeast. Good, simple and satisfying dinner.

Recipe

Makes about 10-15 chapati depending on individual dough ball
Chapati

INGREDIENTS
350gm wholemeal flour/Atta flour
350ml of water (more or less)
1 tsp of sea salt

METHOD
1. Sift flour and salt together.
2. In a bowl, mix flour and water gradually. When combined, knead to make a soft dough.
3. Divide into equal portions and roll into balls.
4. Flatten each ball with a rolling pin and shape into round discs.
5. Cook on a heated non-stick pan/griddle, pressing the edge of the chapati.
6. Cook for about 5 mins or so or until done.

No comments: