Tuesday, January 01, 2008

A gift for the New Year

To start off the year 2008, I would like to offer a free tutorial on the travel document holder that I have recently made. This is my first time doing it and there may be some mistakes, do feel free to let me know or modify it in any way you deem fit. Also I would like to see the finish product that you have made and would also appreciate that you can credit me :-P. Have fun!




Travel document holder
Size: 275mm (W) X 230mm(H)

Materials needed:

Cover - 275mm (W) X 230mm(H),
pattern (1)
lining (1)
interfacing* (1)

* I used stiff interfacing as I want the holder to be more sturdy. Feel free to use other choices which you desire ^_^

Base fabric - 125mm (W) X 230mm (H)
pattern (1)
lining (1)
interfacing (1)
bias tape - 230mm (L) X 48mm (W) (1)

Pocket A - 125mm (W) X 80mm (H)
pattern (1)
lining (1)
interfacing (1)
bias tape - 125mm (L) X 48mm (W) (1)

Pocket B - 125mm (W) X 135mm (H)
pattern (1)
lining (1)
interfacing (1)
bias tape - 125mm (L) X 48mm (W) (1)

Pen holder - 60mm (L) X 48mm (W)
pattern (1)

Top zipper pouch - 30mm (W) X 230mm (H)
pattern (1)
lining (1)
interfacing (1)
bias tape - 35mm (L) X 48mm (W) (1) - to cover the beginning of the zip

Top zipper pouch - 105mm (W) X 230mm (H)
pattern (1)
lining (1)
interfacing (1)
bias tape - 35mm (L) X 48mm (W) (1) - to cover the end of the zip
8 inch zip or you can use a longer zip and trim it to fit the length of the pouch.

PHOTO INSTRUCTIONS
















Have fun sewing!!!

9 comments:

Oiyi said...

What a lovely gift to us all in blogland for 2008! Thank you for your generosity, time and effort.

teresa fsw said...

Thank you Oiyi! I had fun putting my thoughts into words as much as creating the design into a product! ^_^

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Oh! I'm so glad you wrote a tutorial for this! It's such a great little item. Thanks!

teresa fsw said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
teresa fsw said...

Thanks Melanie! I hope my instructions are not too confusing! ^_^

Mymsie said...

Thanks for this great tutorial! Here's my finished product.

Soja said...

Thank-you for the tutorial, I've had a go at making it. http://www.flickr.com/photos/soja/2412752707/ Thank-you for taking the time to write out your method with all the photos.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Thanks for the great tute - this is one project I have to make!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I found your tutorial on craftster and gave it a go. Thank you so much, it was really easy to follow - and here is how it turned out: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=288116.0