In the past, I do not know how to cook curry and always end up in disaster! I know that it's very easy to cook them but somehow they ended up too spicy or too bland. After countless of trial and error, I managed to come up with a decent curry and I have grown to love to cook curry! Serve the mushroom curry with Basmati rice and it's a good meal for me! Yum!
1 packet of oyster mushrooms (about 150g)
1/4 cup of fresh or frozen corn kernels
1 teaspoon of chopped ginger
1 teaspoon of chopped garlic
2 tablespoons of chopped onion
1 teaspoon of mustard seeds
3-4 tablespoons of olive oil
1/2 cup of water
2 tablespoons of vegetable curry powder mix
1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
1/2 teaspoon of sugar (optional)
1. Heat olive oil in pan.
2. Add ginger, garlic and onion. Stir fry till fragrant, about 3mins.
3. Add mustard seeds. Stir fry for about 30 seconds.
4. Add curry powder and water. Mix well.
5. Add the oyster mushrooms and corn. Mix well.
6. Cover and simmer on low heat for about 10 mins.
7. Add sugar and salt to taste.
8. Serve with rice.
You can always use vegetables such as ocra, carrots, potatoes or eggplants instead of mushrooms. Do let me know whether you like this curry! Enjoy! ^_^