Sunday, August 24, 2008

Yumi and her bed

It was raining cats and dogs for the past few days and it was quite cold...brrrr...wet days meant no playing at the playground, no exercising and also no sunning of laundry. Sigh. Georgia was looking at my piles of Japanese craft book and she saw one with a doll and her furniture. There is the bed, piano, dresser with hairdryer, stool and also an armchair. Georgia wanted me to make all of them! Since we can't go out in that HEAVY rain ( I dislike rain as it also dampens my mood besides making everywhere wet!), so I obliged. I told her that I'll make her the doll and the bed. The rest I do that over the next few days.

Little did I know that it was going to take me three hours just to make a tiny doll that is no bigger than my palm! There was so much work involved! All of it has to be hand sewn and that explains the three hours!!! So I only made the doll yesterday and I continued with the bed today. I also thought that the bed is going to be easier than the doll but it still took me close to three hours to finish it! I am really glad that I did it for Georgia. In fact it was quite fun AND extremely time consuming to make them. I'm going to continue with the other furniture for the next couple of days. I think I might make a house out of some boxes that I have in the store. How exciting! I love doll houses and never had one when I was Georgia's age as they were all soooo expensive. I so envy Georgia but of course I'll get to play with her too! I'll probably make two more dolls to accompany Yumi (we named the doll!).

Hi. I am Yumi. I am wearing a pair of pink flower earrings.

Here is my bed. The quilt and pillow are adorned with pretty heart shapes. The pillow and blanket are separate from the bed.

I am already getting tired showing you my bed and I have to go to sleep now. Good night everyone!

Georgia is soooo happy with her new toy!

3 comments:

Knit Sew City Girl said...

Oh the doll and bed are so cute. The Japanese craft books are lovely, I have a few felt sewing books, and I agree they do take a long time to make. But seeing the end results make it worth the time and effot.

Mary

KIKILALA said...

Looks like you girls are enjoying yourselves!! Wait till Oct when I am off work. Maybe we can have a cooking or sewing gathering??

Oiyi said...

This is wonderful!! Wow!