I missed baking so much and have not baked any since the start of my pregnancy till yesterday. So that makes it about almost two years since I've last baked. Yesterday night after Georgia and Kieran has gone to bed, I quickly set about making the vanilla snap biscuits dough so that I can bake them today together with Georgia. Georgia helped to decorate the biscuits with the cute toppings given to me by one of my flickr friend. The biscuits are quite yummy and it's something fun to for Georgia to do. Next time I'll make some icing for her to draw on them. Now I have started baking again, I'll try and squeeze in time to bake at least once a week. Okie gotta go now as Kieran is in need of my attention!
Vanilla snap biscuits
185g (6oz) butter
1 cup caster (superfine) sugar
1 1/2 tsps vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 egg yolk, extra
1. Preheat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F).
2. Process the butter, sugar and vanilla in a food processor until smooth. Add the flour, egg and egg yolk and process again to form a smooth dough.
3. Knead tge dough lightly, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Roll out the dough between sheets of non-stick baking paper until 5mm thick. Cut the dough into shapes using cookie cutters. Place on baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks.