Recently, Andy and myself have a new craving, all thanks to my best friend, Melanie. She introduced us to Oolong milk tea with ice cream and pearls from KOI Cafe. This drink is delicious!!! We would always get the biggest cup each whenever we are in Ang Mo Kio. Even Georgia has taken a liking to it. Initially she doesn't like the tea as it has a bitter taste but now she loves it as much as we do. I have managed to whip up my own version (not as good as KOI Cafe but good enough to satisfy the cravings) whenever I have the cravings and don't have the time to travel to Ang Mo Kio.
Oolong Milk tea with ice cream
200ml oolong tea without sugar (I get this ready made tea from Yeo's)
1 teaspoon of condensed milk
1 scoop of vanilla ice cream
1. Mix the oolong tea with condensed milk until fully dissolved.
2. Drop the scoop of ice cream into the tea and you're ready to drink it!
Next up is our favourite chocolate chip cookies. These are from Vegan with a Vengence. They taste as good as Famous Amos and they are extremely addictive! I added some other ingredients to make it even more delicious!
Chocolate chip cookies
1 cup butter/margarine, at room temperature
1 1/4 cup unrefined sugar (I used only 1 cup)
1 tablespoon unrefined molasses
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup of dessicated coconut
2 tablespoons of grounded flax seeds
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degF or 180 degC.
2. Cream together the margarine and sugar until fluffy. Add molasses and vanilla extract.
3. Add the flour, baking soda, dessicated coconut, grounded flax seeds and salt, and mix well. Fold in the chocolate chips.
4. Drop by teaspoons spaced a little over 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
5. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until ever so slightly browned. Let cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
Note: You could refrigerate the cookie dough for about 30 minutes to prevent them from spreading too much during baking.
I'm off to enjoy my afternoon snack while Kieran is taking his nap and Georgia is in school. ^_^